8.13.2008

SE1: to 2000BC

Wow, the past millennium just flew by. Not a ton happened. I continued to explore but alas, only one more goodie hut (48 gold). Peter is indeed waaay to the north, so I can ignore him for a while. No religions discovered in my hood apparently.



I built Bombay on my chosen spot and built a Fast Worker. My two workers are rapidly roading and pre-chopping according to plan. IMPORTANT NOTE: I misread the worker's estimated time to completion. When it says 3 rounds to chop down a forest, that means [The Current Round] + [Next Turn] = Finished. So to do this right, cancel the order the very next turn. I had to reload after I accidentally chopped down my trees ahead of schedule.

In fact, I'm really learning to save often - I also nearly missed my chance to stop work on the Barracks in my capital before it was done. If I'm having trouble watching 2 cities, I'm in deep doo-doo once I expand...

Unfortunately, the Civ4lerts mod doesn't seem to be working. In theory, that is supposed to show a blurb whenever your city is about to have an angry or unhealthy person, or the population is about to go up. With the SE strategy, micro-managing is important so it'd be really nice to have...

My research has churned out Bronze Working, Meditation, and Priesthood (just this turn).

Here's my current situation:


Not bad. I'd like to snag those Horses and Copper quickstyle so I can shift to offense.

Next Steps
1. Reseach Pottery, Masonry
2. City 1: queue Oracle after Barracks, whip-finish Barracks to give overflow to Oracle
3. Continue pre-chops and roads
4. Build 1 mine in each city to boost hammers (if time)
5. Chop down forests around Oracle to finish
6. Build Warriors while waiting for research to complete
7. Use Oracle bonus to get Metal Casting

No comments: